Regional Business Climate
Growing advanced manufacturing
According to the Charlotte Regional Partnership, a quality workforce, a low cost of doing business and superb access to a global infrastructure network has allowed the Greater Charlotte region to soar as a superior location for manufacturers and distributors. Given the central location midway between New York City and Miami, manufacturers can reach more than 60% of the U.S. market within one day’s drive.
- Skilled, available workforce
- Long history of invention and production modernization
- Family-friendly state
- Proximity to two major research facilities
- Great geographic location with a major international airport, an extensive railroad system, three major interstates, and close access to a seaport
- First-rate Community Colleges and Universities
- Thirteen advanced manufacturing centers located in the region.